Bonded wearing course (BWC) is a high-performance ultrathin overlay that seals the existing road surface and provides a new, skid-resistant, smooth and thin (5/8” to 3/4”) hot mix asphalt (HMA) wearing course in one simultaneous operation.
BWC provides a durable, open-graded, drainable wearing surface on existing pavements showing signs of aging, surface oxidation and minor rutting to extend the life of your pavements. It is a high-performance surface suitable for all types of asphalt and concrete roads, and has given outstanding performance for several decades as a preventive maintenance on major urban highways as well as residential streets. It is ideal for places where construction delays, overpass clearance, curb reveal, wet weather visibility, tire noise and skid resistance are concerns.
Bonded Wearing Course Benefits
- Seals and waterproofs existing surface
- Resists raveling and delamination with superior bonding of the open, ultrathin mix, over asphalt or concrete
- Restores durable skid resistance while conserving high quality aggregates
- A proven, durable, ultrathin wearing course in demanding high-traffic/high-speed applications
- Reduces user delays with quick, one-pass construction and no tracking
- Immediate traffic return and possible night construction
- Retains curbs and clearances under bridges and overpasses
- Reduces tire noise, especially on concrete pavements
- Reduces back spray, preventing hydroplaning and improving wet weather visibility
- Long lasting, effective preventive maintenance treatment that extends and preserves underlying pavement structure, yielding lower life cycle costs
Bonded Wearing Course Process
Please contact your ASMG Representative or email@example.com for more information on our Services & Treatments, including:
- Construction specifications
- Technical articles and documents
- State and local approvals
- Customer references
- Treatment pricing and cost comparisons
Single Pass Tack & Paving Application
Spray paver application of approximately 0.20 gallons per square yard of polymer modified emulsion and ultrathin (5/8”–3/4”) gap graded hot mix overlay.
Contact us for more information.